Band Element of Surprise, Ventura County CA

Do you <3 classic rock? Strange pairings of music, such as Richie Valens & the Ramones meet Deep Purple? You may appreciate us. We're the band Element of Surprise! We may get thru the song-or it may go horribly AWRY. You pays yer money & you takes yer chance! We play a very eclectic mix of classic & alt rock...if you live in the SoCal area & listen to either KLOS or KRTH-101, you've heard most of our songs. We're a 6-piece consisting of Pat on vocals & percussion, James on lead guitar, Hector on bass, Rob on drums, newest member Danny on acoustic and electric guitars, and your humble scribe Rita on rhythm guitar/keyboard/harmonica and vocals. We've been together for 5 years (longer than some marriages!) and have had some memorable gigs. I started this blog to keep a list of them--and to chronicle our RISE-TO POWER! Well, not really--all of us have a day job, and we're all over 45 (except for Danny, who is young and impressionable!) so this is more of a hobby. But we all have an abiding love for music, and we have healthy self-images, and some of us are major hams, so here we are. Walking down the street. We get the funniest looks. From everyone we meet. Hey hey--no, stop, that's plagiarism. Anyways, I don't expect anyone (other than MY FRIENDS & FAMILY) to ever read this, but if you do and you have an interest in an elderly garage band on the first level of getting started gigging, welcome and well-met. If YOU have an interest in starting a band and are curious about equipment, etc-let us know. Maybe we can help you avoid a TON of trouble.
Well, cheers, and see you "on the cover of the 'Rolling Stone,'"
Rita aka MrsMMars :-)



Friday, October 15, 2010

Holy CRAP, a MILESTONE! Over 300 views of my blog!! YOU F@<%ERS ROCK!

Daaaaaaaaang...AMAZING. And I freely admit I may be responsible for 103 of those 303, but still...I am THRILLED! And HUMBLE!! And--oops, I think I may have just wet myself. ;-) Just wanna say "THANK YOU!" for all the love, and I hope you'll keep on this crazy journey with us--there's lot's more to come (God Willing) and I will keep chronicling it here for everyone to share. Even those of you who may be thousands of miles (or kilos) away physically, but are just a thought away in our hearts.
In a world filled with jibba-jabba, I realize there's a lot to command your attention, and the fact you're willing to spend some time with me makes me very grateful. LOVE YOU ALL. And if you come up to me at our next gig & tell me you've read my blog, I WILL PERSONALLY BUY YOU A BEER and autograph a pick or something. LOL! Hang onto those, they may be worth something someday!!
Much love,
MrsMMars aka Rita aka Metalhaid (how many other freaking aliases do I have? Oh yea, "Mom" and "Wife of Colonel Mick Mars." LOL!)

No comments:

Post a Comment